Our Grassroots Fundraiser is an online Platform that allows Participants to support their club’s fundraising efforts by participating in Fundraising Draws that include a chance to win a prize. These Terms and Conditions govern all use of the Platform and the operation of all Fundraising Draws available thereon. If you are not a Participant (as defined below) or if you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you are not permitted to use the Platform or enter any Fundraising Draws.
In these Terms and Conditions and in the Introduction above, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Club” means the relevant football club identified on the Platform in respect of each Club Fundraiser Draw.
“Club Fundraiser Draw” means each fundraising draw hosted by Us on the Platform which is undertaken pursuant to a Lottery Permit or Lottery Licence granted to the relevant Club, and where eligible Participants have a chance to win prizes.
“Club Fundraiser Prizes” means the prizes as published on the Platform in relation to each Club Fundraiser Draw.
“Fundraising Draws” means those fundraising draws associated with the Club which are made available on the Platform and include the Club Fundraiser Draw.
“Fundraising Draw Rules” means any specific rules or guidelines published on the Platform at the point of participation in a Fundraising Draw.
“Grassroots Super Draw” means the draw operated by Us under a Lottery Permit or Lottery Licence issued under sections 27 or 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as amended by the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019) for eligible Clubs who have met the Grassroots Super Draw Eligibility Criteria.
“Grassroots Super Draw Eligibility Criteria” means the eligibility criteria that a Club must meet to be included in the Grassroots Super Draw as published on Our Platform from time to time.
“Grassroots Prizes” means the prize(s) published on the Platform that are awarded to a Club(s) during the Grassroots Super Draw.
“Our Grassroots Fundraiser” or “We/Our/Us” is a reference to Altira Ventures Limited, a private limited company with its registered office at Fitzwilliam Court, Dyer Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth A92 X7WY, Ireland.
“Lottery Permit” means a Lottery Permit issued by a superintendent of the Garda Síochána pursuant to section 27B of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as amended by the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019).
“Lottery Licence” means Lottery Licence issued by a District Court pursuant to section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as amended by the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019).
“Participant” means a person who is over 18 years of age and who has registered on the Platform and who participates in a Fundraising Draw.
“Platform” means Our Grassroots Fundraiser website and app which is the only forum on which Participants and Clubs can participate in Fundraising Draws.
- Participants are required to register on the Platform by providing a unique username (being a valid email address) and a unique and confidential password which enables them to open an account and participate in the relevant Fundraising Draws.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age. You may not register on the Platform and you are not permitted to participate in a Fundraising Draw if you are under 18 years of age or if you reside in a country where participation in a Fundraising Draw is unlawful.
- Persons who are directors, officers or employees of Our Grassroots Fundraiser are not permitted to become Participants.
- Each Participant may open one account on the Platform.
- Participants represent, warrant and undertake to Our Grassroots Fundraiser that all information provided in the course of registration (including payment card data) is their own and that it is accurate, complete and up to date and that they will update their information promptly in the event of any change.
- You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; and (2) not transfer your account to any third party. You are solely responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse to us in writing.
- While we are under no obligation to do so, we may seek to validate your registration information and we shall not be responsible for the payment of prizes if you have provided false or inaccurate data to us.
4. Subscription, Payments and Cancellations
- To enter Fundraising Draws, Participants must subscribe and put their account in funds. Our Grassroots Fundraiser operates a four-week subscription cycle and you may subscribe for either (a) one line per week (costing €2.50); and/or (b) three lines per week (costing €5); and/or (c) seven lines per week (costing €10). This means that the minimum subscription (i.e. one line for each of the following 4 weekly Club Fundraiser Draws) is €2.50 x 4 = €10. Participants may not hold an active subscription for more than one of the three options (i.e. one line, three lines or seven lines per week).
- Subscriptions will automatically renew every 4 weeks unless Participants cancel future subscriptions at any time by clicking on the “Cancel” option in the “My Tickets” section on the Platform. If you cancel your subscription, no further funds will be taken from you. All subscription funds received prior to receipt of your cancellation are non-refundable and your lines will be included in any future Fundraising Draws until the subscription funds received prior to receipt of your cancellation have been used.
- You hereby agree, warrant and represent that:
- You are an eligible Participant who meets the criteria in clause 2 above;
- You are not depositing monies originating from criminal and/or other un-authorised activities;
- You will maintain the confidentiality of your user account details;
- No charge backs will be made relating to your account without our consent; and
- You will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any breach of the foregoing occurring, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless against any costs, claims, damages and expenses arising in connection therewith and to refund and compensate us for any losses we would otherwise incur arising from such actions including any expenses incurred by us in the process of recovering such amounts.
5. Fundraising Draw Rules
- Where Fundraising Draws includes Fundraising Draw Rules, they shall apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
- While we make every effort to avoid errors, human mistakes and/or systems malfunctions may occasionally result in errors. We reserve the right to correct any errors and to void any Fundraising Draws where such have occurred. In the event of errors relating to Fundraising Draws, we reserve the right to void the draw, re-run the draw or refund the relevant Participant contributions.
- One jackpot may be won for each Club Fundraiser Draw. Where there is more than one winner of a jackpot, the published jackpot figure will be split equally among the Participants based on the number of winning lines held by them.
- Each Club Fundraiser Draw will include a weekly prize as published on the Platform (e.g. €50 in cash) which will be given to a Participant drawn at random by Us.
- There will be a Grassroots Super Draw for all Clubs that have met the Grassroots Super Draw Eligibility Criteria. This Grassroots Super Draw will include club prize(s) as published on the Platform which will be given to one or more Club(s) who will be drawn at random. The value and number of Grassroots Prizes shall be determined by Us based on the number of eligible Participants and the number of eligible Clubs.
- Payment of cash prizes will be credited to the Participant (in the case of the Club Fundraiser Draw) or the Club (in the case of the Grassroots Super Draw) by bank transfer, cheque, bank draft or other manner reasonably determined by us. You may be required to provide evidence of identity and validation information prior to claiming a prize.
- We would like to publish the names of all jackpot winners. However, should you wish to keep your identity confidential, you may request that we do so.
7. No Warranty
- Our Grassroots Fundraiser services are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind, and all warranties including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, fitness for any particular purpose, and of completeness or accuracy of content are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We do not give any warranty that the availability and performance of the Platform or third party content will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free or that the Platform will be free of harmful content or that the any content will be secure or not otherwise lost or altered.
- OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY (AND/OR OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, TO THE EXTENT RELEVANT) TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUNDRAISING DRAWS AND/OR THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO 100% OF THE TOTAL PAYMENTS MADE TO US BY YOU IN THE PREVIOUS 12 MONTHS (OR THE TERM OF THE ACCOUNT IN THE CASE OF ACCOUNTS OPEN FOR LESS THAN 12 MONTHS).
- Notwithstanding the rest of the terms of this Clause 8, nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- We reserve the right to refuse to register you as a Participant, either with or without cause. We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your account at any time, either with or without cause, we will use our reasonable endeavours to give notice to you either before or after suspending or terminating your account.
- Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 9.1, We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any Fundraising Draw at any time if it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or any conditions associated with any Lottery Permit or Lottery Licence or if, in Our reasonable opinion, the operation of the Fundraising Draw has become unviable (for example as a result of insufficient entries).
- Following termination or suspension of your account, we will endeavour, in the normal course of events, to comply with any valid contractual obligations made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and we will publish the amendments on the Platform with the date of adoption at which point they will be binding on all users of the Platform. We may also transfer, assign or otherwise convey any of your rights or obligations under these Terms & Conditions to a third party, including in the context of any sale of our business.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid, void or unenforceable by reason of any law, rule, administrative order or judicial decision, that provision will be, to the extent strictly necessary, severed from the remaining terms and conditions and that determination shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In the case of the severance of any terms, the part deemed invalid or unenforceable shall be amended in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as closely as possible, the original intent in these Terms & Conditions.
- Failure by us to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations or to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations and a waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- We will not be responsible for any delay or failure in performance resulting from acts beyond our control. Such acts will include but not be limited to: acts of God, government or war; riots; terrorist acts; epidemics, fires, floods, or disasters, industrial disputes, failure of a utility, platform or technology service, the unavailability of any communications network or any cyber-attack leading to the unavailability or service issues on the Platform.
- These Terms & Conditions, together with any Fundraising Draw Rules or any other documents referred to herein represent the entire agreement between Our Grassroots Fundraiser and you and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement, whether oral or in writing. We each acknowledge that we have not relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us except as expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions. You acknowledge that the provider of your communications devices and apps (e.g. Apple, Google, Samsung, Galaxy, Huawei, etc) are not a party to these Terms & Conditions and that they are not responsible for the promotion or operation of the Fundraising Draws.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by Irish law and any claims or proceedings arising out of or in any way relating to the Platform or these Terms & Conditions, shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and the Irish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over them.
Effective Date: 1st December 2020